The motto for this week is courtesy of Elvis Presley – When things go wrong, don’t go with them! Isn’t that a trap we so often fall into? Someone cuts you off in traffic, you break your favourite pair of shoes, the kids mess Nutella on their uniform five minutes before you’re out the door. Any and all of these can easily put a damper in your day . It’s so common that we have an idiom for it. But what if, just maybe, you don’t have to accept that. You could vent, shrug, huff and simply move on. It doesn’t need to swell and grow and take over your day, week, month. It can simply be a clap of thunder in an otherwise sunny day!
Bleh – sounds as easy as pie when the reality it, for most people (me included) it’s not. My challenge for this week is to see how many of these thunderstorms I can put a halt to after a single thunderclap. I’ll let you know how it goes 🙂
- One of my favourite things I love about having moved to Dubai and quit the 9 – 5 rat race is how much time I have now to spend with my Husband. As corny as it sounds, we’ve always been best friends at the heart of everything and they way our lives were heading, we would fill our lives so many obligations that time with just the two of us became less and less. Now that we both have infinitely more flexible schedules, we get to spend a lot more one on one time and I’m loving every minute of it!
- I survived week 2 of Boot Camp! Maybe one day soon, when this is a habit, I’ll stop raving about it but at the moment I’m pretty proud of myself. I’ve also pretty much managed to stick to the eating plan, the only exception being that glass of wine I could not resist!
- I got the cutest love letter from Joshua this week! He proclaimed his love and gushed about me being the best mommy ever! #bestillmybeatingheart
- I launched my first real Giveaway on the blog (hint hint, please enter because I’m terrified it’s a flop)! You can win an awesome book we discovered called I Spy Dubai which is all about the birds and bugs in Dubai.
- I am now the proud owner of a return trip ticket to Cape Town in March! A mommy only 3 day getaway to the stunning Western Cape Winelands. I will be getting no sleep as I’m rushing in and out to attend a friend’s wedding. We’ve been friends since High School so this is a biggie for me.