“Happiness, like unhappiness is a proactive choice,” Stephen Covey.
I absolutely love this quote and this may remain as my motto for the next foreseeable future. To me this means that while crappy things may happen and life may not go according to your plan, you can choose to be happy or not. It’s all you and yes, no pressure 🙂 These are the 5 positives I choose to remember about last week!
- Woohoo! Still surviving boot camp and was surprised by a spot weigh in and even more surprised and relieved to see Weight, Body Fat % and BMI all move in the right direction. So motivating, especially when in conjunction with how I can see and feel changes in how my clothing fits #doingthehappydance!
- Having sick kiddies is never fun, however having older kids fall ill is so much easier than when little ones feel down! I’m sure most of it arises from them being better able to understand what is happening to them. I can only imagine how scary it must be as a little tot to suddenly feel so crummy and have no idea or how, why or when it will end! It makes me very glad that we are well past this stage – if you have little ones, just remember that it really does get better (it’s a cliché for a reason ladies).
- We tried a new Raised Salt Painting activity which we enjoyed thoroughly – even though their creations in no way resembled my expectations! You can read more about it here.
- This month seems to be developing a theme. I’m not sure whether I’m just in a more creative space and so more receptive but we’re off to attend 2 very creative and arty events. The first is a the launch of the new Sea World Art Kit by My Little Painter and the second it a Painting & Toy Casting Workshop hosted by fellow blogger Tani at Our Big Dubai Adventure. Let me know if you’re joining in or either of them, I’d love to say Hi! Assuming I’m not chasing after the monkeys or acting as a human shield in the middle of the paint wars!
- Netflix! While having a spouse that travels a fair bit is mostly sucky, it does give me some bonus me-time after the kids are in bed (assuming I can stay awake)! I love the occasional trip away that lets me catch up on some mindless show that I would never watch with the hubby 🙂 I’ve been bingeing on Vampire Diaries, because you know, Damon…