A smile is happiness you will find right under your nose – Unknown.
I will not lie, it has been a trying couple of weeks and a time when I could probably have done with some extra reflection on the very many positives in our everyday life and yet, ironically this is when I am least able to do it. But it is a trying time that has passed and berating myself over things I can no longer change or impact is a grand waste of time so onwards we must go! One step (albeit a baby one) at a time, beginning with the moments that made the last week or so a happy one:
- The boys’ had their school swimming galas recently! They were adorable! Joshua managed to swim 3 different 25 m races without the aid of a float which I had no idea he could do. I watched at one point as he sat with the swimming aid, glanced around at his peers and simply tossed it deciding then and there he could do this. He was brilliant and brave and so determined to do it. We could all take a page out of these kids’ book when it comes to throwing caution to the wind and going after something you want.
- A very proud mom moment. Liam, sick as he was, insisted on participating even though only in one event. He was exhausted, and we left early, but he tried it anyway. This kid has a serious games face, too adorable. He seems to shut out the world around him and focus solely on the task at hand.
- While watching the boys was amazing, I was overwhelmed by how the staff at the school interacted with the kids regardless of ability. Every single kid was egged on and encouraged to do their absolute best. There was so much love and support in that pool – yet again, so happy we switched schools!
- We had a whole entire week as a family of four! Happy days! No detail or explanation needed just lots of hugs and kisses.
- We’ve finally bitten the bullet and taken the plunge to move out of our hotel apartment and into a villa! It’s a bit daunting and all new to us but so exciting. This of course means shopping sprees as we moved to the UAE with 4 bags and a box of Lego.
Please help spread the #positivevibes and #highfivesandhappiness moments on social media by sharing your positive moments of the week! If you would like to read the previous week’s post, please click on the link below: